Shop My Look
The girlboss mantra is everywhere. A 21st century movement that has redefined the age of being a boss. A stylish boss. A girlboss that has the “Go get it” state of mind. When I think of a girl boss, I think of a young professional mid 20s to late 30s. Not that you can’t be a girl boss at any age, but it is called girl boss and not woman boss for a reason. The girl boss is young, hip, urban, sassy and elegant in her own way. Breaking the rule from the traditional dress code of how a boss should dress ie. pantsuit and pencil skirts, the #girlboss has also changed the way we dress. Carefree, casual yet chic and fabulous as ever. The #girlboss is her own boss. She is in charge of her life hence the way she dresses. These are my tips of how you can dress like a #girlboss, and how you can dress in a way that screams you mean business in a fun yet professional way.
- Buy slim fitting clothing but layer it with oversized items like the boyfriend blazer I am wearing.
- Shop with three categories in mind: formal, business casual and running errands ootd.
- Quality over quantity is always the best way to look like a boss.
- Throw away old and worn out clothing.
- Remember to add some fun elements in your outfit. Like a leopard clutch or a fun tee for your weekend errands.
- Follow fast fashion. Fast fashion is not here to stay. If you want to look like a girlboss invest in items that will withstand the pass of time.
- Buy shirts with brand logos on them. This is so 90s and not attractive whatsoever. Remember the Juicy track suits that had the word JUICY right across your bum? Ah ya not so cool anymore. If it is a tiny logo it is fine. Keep it classy. No one needs to know what brand your shirt or trackpants are.
These are some of my go-to #girlboss essentials when you want to dress like a boss:
Stylish tote bag
Oversized blazer or a camel tone coat in winter
A pair of Booties or shooties. I prefer these over heels or flats because they are not casual but not too formal either.
A business casual dress.
Flattering pair of white jeans or ankle pants
Tailored button down shirt
Colourful heels. (This outfit is a good example of this alternative)