April is my birthday month and this is no April Fool’s joke. The past couple of years, I have become more selective when it comes to shopping to avoid those “Eek what was I thinking moments”. I am trying to curate a closet with more classic, slow fashion items that will not age in my closet as trends come and go. I try to stay away from fast fashion as much as I can, and if there is a trend I love, I will try to find a dupe instead of splurging.
Every year before my birthday month, I try to come up with a list of things I want to invest in, in the months to come. I find this always helps to keep things on track and not to deviate away from the items I want to invest in. One of my big purchases on my list for this birthday year was a designer handbag. Let’s face it. Designer handbags are expensive, and when you have a million obligations in your daily life as well as person that loves to travel, saving for a designer handbag is sometimes unrealistic.
On my birthday wishlist this year:
1. I have gone to 4 all-inclusive vacays so far, and these straw Mar y Sol bags are a must have. This year I am off to Greece and this will definitely come in handy while in the Greek isles.
2. The one item that I have already crossed off my wishlist this year is my Balenciaga handbag as seen in this post here. I’ve wanted a Balenciaga for quite a while now, but since the material tends to have a distressed look overtime, I was uncertain if this was something I wanted to invest in. I caved in though when I came across this blush beauty.
2. Prada Wallet: I am not 100% set on this wallet, but I definitely want a new one. My LV has run its course for sure. Not in terms of quality, but rather me not wanting to see it in my purse for a while.
3. Kate Spade Watch: I have a slight obsession with all things blush at the moment, and I love the handwritten time on this watch. I like watches because they are an item that withstands time (haha pun intended). A watch will never go out of style.
4. YSL Lipsticks: Time to pucker up those lips with some luscious lipsticks. I am a sucker for buying things for their pretty packaging and these YSL lipsticks are on my wishlist. I usually purchase the Makeup Forever lipsticks because compared to other ones they last the longest on my lips, but I definitely want to try out YSL lipsticks.
5. Crosley Cruiser Turntable: Reminiscing the good old days of when my dad had a pickup music player, I would love to add this Crosley to my home. Time to go back to some oldie goodies.
6. Camel Coloured Coat: Alright, winter is not quite over yet and even though I have tons of coats somehow I do not have a camel coloured coat. I would love for it to be a duster coat like this Missguided piece. So classy and versatile. A camel coloured coat is just as classy as a black one. Make sure to invest in one as well.
7. Leather Jacket: I am getting restless with looking for a leather jacket that looks good on me. I have been looking for 2 years now and nothing. I have the very unfortunate body structure of super broad shoulders but tiny waist. Sizing is just never right. Please, if you have any suggestions let me know!
8. Shoes: I have an abundance of flats, but I need to add more statement heels in my shoe collection. I am obsessed with these though. I mean, how can I not?
What’s on your birthday wish list?